Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Living Water


For the past week or two, I have been completely sober of caffeine.  I must say, being caffeine free has been beneficial for my health so far.

I have been going to bed earlier, and rising earlier as well.  I have used these mornings to do tasks I previously have not been able to do- such as reading my Bible and going to the gym.  I have turned to exercising to now relieve my stress, instead of consuming coffee by the gallon.

I now, however, have become addicted to Hot Chocolate to wake me up in the morning.

With this new energy, I have been able to depend more on God and turning my problems over to Him.  I have also became less stressed, while studying more and staying focused.

  Psalm 91:14 -15 States:
“Because he loves me, says the Lord, I will rescue him;
I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name. He will call upon me, and
I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him.” (NIV)

After waking up at 5 in the morning (that is how early I have been rising lately), I did last minute studying and was feeling sick.  After coming back to my dorm from my 8 AM class, I took medicine to ease the cramps and just felt exhausted.  

My resolution was what I usually when I feel troubled or dismayed.  I prayed.

Psalm 55:2
“Please listen and answer me, for I am overwhelmed by my troubles.” (NLT)

Afterwards, I kept hearing my conscience stating "It will be alright- don't stress, don't stress."  I continued to study, and by the time I went to take my exam for Microbiology- I felt like I did amazing.  It is a rare occasion when I feel confident after taking an exam.

 Psalm 34:4
“I sought the LORD, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.”(KJV)

This has been a very blessed, hardworking week so far.  I have been blessed with love and support from my friends to work hard, my small group has been successful, and I even got to see a Human Cadaver (the Perks of being a Nursing Major)!  As well, today I had one of my blog posts published on Devotional Cafe!
I suppose I need to continue to stay away from the Starbucks coffee, and continue drinking from the Living Water my Father Abba is providing daily.

Isaiah 40:29-31 
“He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.” (NIV)

Have a blessed Day,
<3 KM


1 comment:

Sophia said...

Such true words! This is a wonderful blog you have, I will continue to read this in the future! (:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...