Friday, November 8, 2013

Who You Are


Hello again friends,

Let me just tell you this morning has been VERY insightful. I prayed this morning for God's truth, and I definitely found it.

This morning, I found this video.  A video that is meant to be encouraging, uplifting, and radiating with God's love!



This morning, I saw this video and just got a bunch of "tinglys." It made me feel amazing and that I could anything.  It made me feel like I was the icing on a cupcake.  I was even praying, "Can I marry him?"

After comprehending and doing some soul searching, and finding God's truth.  I've realized this video, right here, is a bunch of b.c. It's BULL CRAP.

I watched a corresponding video, it's by a regular, 30-something preacher who reveals whose God's true nature is.

The video is quite long, but very well worth it!

One of the points that really struck me was how probably the BIGGEST factor that makes Christianity pretty amazing itself.  NOT ONCE did the 1st video ever mention Jesus, the man just says "Someone died for you"- or something like that.  He never says who died.

I realized I got so struck by this somewhat attractive man make me feel so special, that I forgot to recognize the name of the One who gives me a purpose to live.

God has been teaching me lately about myself worth.  While I don't have to be amazingly beautiful or need to be a size 4.  Above else, my self worth does not need to be defined by man. Only God can define my beauty, my strengths, and my worth.

And honestly, without Jesus.

I am nothing.

We all are.

Not only should we be humble and not self-righteous, but we should also recognize who we are.  A bunch of tiny specs just drenched in sin.

With our sin, we are unworthy. Nothing. At all...

A prayer that a preacher brought up to help teach humility is :"Lord, I am the worst of sinners.  I am unworthy.  Without You, I am nothing."

This prayer at first was just to silly to met at first, but each day I have been praying like a mantra and have realized- it's true.

I am all these amazing things, not because made me awesome.  But, because Jesus has granted me freedom from my sins.

In the presence of God, I am drenched with the Holy Spirit.

We become worthy because of Jesus! 
We become enough- through Jesus.
We become empowered- because of Jesus. 
We become unbreakable- because of Jesus.

With my sin, and no Jesus, I am just that- sin.  I may be a good person, I may just be a college student, but at the core of my being- I'm ugly sin.  And sin does not make one enough.

Jesus makes you enough because Jesus is enough.

"I am beautifully and wonderfully known"- Psalms 139:14-15
Not by the definition of the world am I special, or the most amazing person to walk the earth (Jesus already covered that).  But, because I have Jesus in my heart.



After reading this, has your opinion of the video changed?  It's okay if it didn't, I was just offering another view.

But if it did change your view, how?

What truths are God trying to show you?

Do you fall into the same trap of needing a man, a friend, or family members telling you your self worth?

If you do: Remember- Whose you are's is God's! 

This is who I am, and who you are.

Have a blessed day,

<3 KM




1 comment:

Dani_Gal said...

Wonderful Post! I really needed to read this and meditate on this. I love your passion about it too. God is really speaking in this post.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...