Monday, December 9, 2013

Residency

Hello friends!

As many as you know, I am single.  Single as in "no ring on it," or in any form of a relationship with the prospects of leading to marriage.  Which honestly can be a bit scary, at least it was.

I have been reading a book called "The Single Woman," it is a great book with a Christian base about being single and fabulous in stilettos.  Being 5'9', I don't exactly need shoes quite that high.  But still, this book has entirely given me a new perspective on being single.

One thing that I have gotten out the book is not seeing single as just a relationship status, but kind of like a residency. A neighborhood

You can either be in Singlehood or in Relationshipville. 

This ideology has led me to really embrace being single.  I mean, I live here (at least for now).

When you are single, it can be viewed as something you just kind have acquired.  Like you have a disease that associates being single as either desperate, a flirt, or that there is something wrong with you in the eyes of a few people.

But that's just it, it can be acquired- but I would rather see it through the prospective that I chose to be single.

My younger sister is about to be 18, and when she talks about boys and being single.  She always says, "I'm just keeping my options open."

I always thought that this was just a way of saying, I don't want to settle for less and see what other guys are out there.

But the thing is, she's right!  Being single is keeping your options open!

Not necessarily keeping your relationship prospects open, but your life options open!  Being single gives you the ability to choose where you want your life to lead.  Sometimes when your in a relationship, you have to find how your dreams and aspirations match your mates already established life.


My cousin who is in her early forties is not married, but despite this she has taken life by the horns and has gone across the world (For FREE! because of her job).  That's pretty amazing itself.  Get paid to go to France and Italy.

Point is, being single does not make you any less that someone in Relationshipville. 

Being in singlehood is a journey itself, not just a town your passing through or a pit stop.  It's a place your soul and mind resides in.


You can either view singlehood as a miserable town with nother to offer, so you only rent a dumpy motel room to save money.

Or, you can fully invest in this time of your life!  After reading the book, I have a full passion to deck out my luxury apartment studeo, and celebrate life with friends and family. 

God provides more to our lives than a marriage partner, but He provides opportunities, friendship, family, travel, dreams, goals, half-marathons, and Oreo Cheesecake.

Needless to say, I'm officially sick of hearing and saying "God will provide," "The right man will come at the right time," or my favorite-"Jesus is enough, you don't need a man."

I identify all these things, and am not condemning these things as lies.  However, I think more needs to be said about not so much having faith that God will provide one day, but God will provide me Faith everyday.

Not, the right man will come at the right time, but the right man HAS came 2000 years ago, and He give me purpose.

Not, Jesus is enough- you don't need a man. But, I desire more than enough of not only Jesus, but also my God.

So yes, I am in Singlehood right now.  I chose this, I wasn't just stuck with it.  And if God does provide a strong Christian man- great! But if not, I will fully invest in what my life has to offer right now and tomorrow.

Have a blessed day!
 <3KM

BTW: The Single Woman is an AMAZING book! It's witty, humorous, and has a Christian foundation but not too Jesus-y for your non-Christian friends.  


1 comment:

Diwakar said...

Hello Kendra Lee. Wish you a very blessed, spiritfilled, prosperous and Christ centered New year. I am so glad and feel blessed to know you through your profile on the blogger as well as so glad to stop by your blog " Confessions of a Healed Heart" and a blog on it " Residency" I am so glad to know that you are studying to be Nurse. I am so impressed with your committment to the Lord Jesus Christ, I feel sharing with you an opportunity to come to Mumbai, India to work with us in the slums of Mumbai, India amongst poorest of poor to bring spiritual and physical healing to the most needy people who are inflected with many diseases due to poor sanitation in the slums. I am in the Pastoral ministry for last 34yrs in the great city of MUMBAI A CITY with great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reahout to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ ot bring healing to the broken hearted. We also encourage young people as well as adults to come to Mumbai on a short / long term missions trip to work with us. We would love to have you come with your friends to work with us. I am sure your coming will be of so great help to us in organising Medical camps and treating the most deprived people in the slums. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede. Looking forward to hear from you very soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...